Frequently Asked Questions

To help you get an answer quickly, here are the answers to our most common questions.

I have a problem with a product, what do I do next?

The first thing to do is contact the retailer who sold you the product, as your contract is with them. This is especially true for products less than 12 months old. In most cases, they will be able to organise an appropriate refund or replacement for you.

If they are unable to resolve your issue, you may wish to use our official repairs service.

If they are unable to resolve an issue with a rod that is registered under the Chub warranty.

What if I bought it on eBay?

If you have a problem with a product bought on eBay, please refer to the eBay website help pages for information on your right to a refund.

Can I pay for a repair or buy spare part for my product?

KP Spares is an independent company who are an approved Chub Service Centre. They offer spare parts and a repair service, and have a wealth of experience in the fishing tackle industry.

Can you sponsor me, my fishing event, team or competition? Can you donate prizes?

We receive a very large number of requests for charitable donations and sponsorship and have a limited budget for this type of activity, most of which is pre-allocated to selected organisations and events.

This means that, regretfully, we are unable to support many of the additional requests we receive. However we will review your request and will get in touch if we are able to help.

Please get in touch with us with the following information

  • What the sponsorship is for, e.g. where the event is being held and when
  • Which fishing types? (fly, carp, coarse, sea, predator)
  • Name of the individuals or organisations to benefit
  • Any other companies involved?
  • What you are hoping to get from us?

Unfortunately because of the large number of requests we receive, we cannot respond to everyone individually, so if you haven't heard from us within 7 working days please assume we cannot support you at this time. We wish you all the best with your endeavours.

How do I check what warranty cover my Rod has?

Chub rods manufactured since 2009 are covered under our warranty scheme if you registered the rod with us within 60 days of purchase. You can read full details on the swing tag that came with your rod, or at this link.

For older rods, you may have warranty cover - please contact us for further information.

What warranty cover does my product have if it is not a rod?

All other products are covered by the standard 12 month warranty, in line with your statutory rights. Please contact the retailer who sold you the product in the first instance. In most cases they will be able to organise an appropriate refund or replacement for you.